Translate

3 mar 2016

Recycling a Cell Phone Box into a Beautiful Mixed Media Gift Box

Hi all!
I am so excited to share my first Design Team project with all of you!  This is a very simple, yet beautiful mixed media gift box, and the Scrapiniec chipboard I've used on the inside and the outside gives it such a formal, sophisticated look.  




  • The first step was adding these Scrapiniec chipboard pieces to the inside of the lid and the bottom of the box.  Once the gel medium dried, I used gesso over the top.  
  • I was planning on using gesso to prime the surface, but then I decided to simply wrap the box with tissue wrap.  This is a great design I found at Michael's.  
  • A bit of texture paste through a stencil gives the lid another layer of interest.  
  • I used a small brush to splatter India ink over the top and bottom of the box, then spritzed it with a  water bottle to spread the ink a bit.  
  • Once everything was dry, I added the chipboard and flowers.  
I'm excited to fill this box with candy and a cute note card as a Thank You gift for a friend.  I think this mixed media gift box will be a perfect way to express my thanks!  





1 komentarz:

  1. love the altered box! I agree with you - it's amazing how the beautiful, delicate chippies can add such sophistication to any project. Watched your video and thought it was wonderful! TFS.

    OdpowiedzUsuń