Translate

25 kwi 2015

Lord Of The Rings inspired notebook

Hello, friends!
Today I share with you this small notebook, it was created with "Lord Of The Rings" in mind. My inspiration was the delicate design of Elvish jewellery, so I stuck to silver, light texture and intricate lines of Scrapiniec chipboards. I love LOTR books and movie, and this notebook is a gift for the girl who loves them even more :) 
I tried to create metallic look for the cover. So I put some texture paste over the stencil and glued chipboards into this background. Then I painted the cover with a black gesso. When it became dry, I added blue and silver acrylic paints. And as a final touch, I used silver embossing powder over the whole background, but put it without any ink. That way the powder sticks just a little to  create grainy and shiny effect.
 That is the look of the whole cover. I like notebooks with rings, because you can easily add new pages, envelopes, dividers etc. But sometimes they do not fit the design. I wanted to create antique-looking book, so the rings are partially hidden. 

 Check out the texture and colours :) 
  The word "Forever" is embossed with silver embossing powder in two layers.

Ornamenty mix zestaw - Park Avenue ornamental mix

Szyld duży owal wiszący - Park Avenue oval  hanging sign

2 komentarze: