Translate

8 cze 2016

Mixed Media Abstract Art with Flowers and Chipboard

I'm so excited that I've finally finished this piece! I've been working on it for several weeks- it's taken me a lot longer than I thought it was going to, but I'm so happy with the result.  It really turned out the way I envisioned it.  This piece is basically 4 things- Scrapiniec chipboard pieces, paper flowers, liquitex modeling paste, and red acrylic paint.  These four things are layered several times, and together they form this pretty unique, simple, and awesomely messy work of art.  

I love that Scrapiniec's chipboard is so versatile and can be used in scrapbooking and cardmaking, as well as more abstract mixed media pieces like this one.  The pieces I used really lend this artwork an air of sophistication, and compliment the flowers so perfectly.  

I will confess, this piece does make me a little sad.  I don't know what it is, but it just has an aura of sadness about it.  Maybe it's the red?








Thank you for reading, and watching! I hope I've inspired you a little today!  

2 komentarze:

  1. STUPENDO...questa e' arte...hugs ada

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. WOW this is stunning! It reminds me of a front view of a beautiful cascading bridal bouquet. Loved watching your video!

    OdpowiedzUsuń