Translate

5 maj 2016

Steampunk Mini Album by Anjuli Johnson



I recently re-stocked my collection of watch parts and vintage papers, and as a result I've really been fantasizing about a spectacular Steampunk project.  Fortunately, I had the perfect "canvas"- a gatefold journal from Prima Marketing.  It's a pretty awesome album, and I've actually had it for over a year, and been too scared (or perhaps just not inspired enough) to work on it.  But, throw in some truly amazing Scrapiniec chipboard pieces, and you have the perfect storm of inspiration.


Prima - Memory Hardware - Journal - Gatefold

So here it is! My Steampunk mini album.  Most of these pictures are of the cover- my favorite part.  :) I didn't want to add too many pictures, but the pages are in here too.  I have some journaling I still want to add, but I also want to take my time with that part, and really convey in this journal my love for the Steampunk style, and all the different ways this style is expressed- through art, sculpture, costumes, home decor, etc.  I have pages dedicated to all of those things.




These chipboard gates are from Scrapiniec's Park Avenue collection.  I really wanted to add them to the cover, but they needed some extra weight, so I backed them with patterned cardstock.  Perfect!



These keys are pretty awesome, too. I painted mine gold, and added a bit of black ink to dirty them up, 




Onto the pages!!  This one is super messy and rusty looking, yet the doily chipboard gives it an elegance that can't be lost.  



Steampunk creatures are pretty awesome!


These costumes are fantastic, too.


Thanks for reading and looking.  I hope you've enjoyed this project, and I'd love to hear what you think.  Do you love Steampunk as much as I do?  Have you made any fun projects recently?  Scrapiniec really has some awesome chipboard elements that fit so well with the Steampunk style- clocks and keys and beautiful Victorian pieces.  So go crazy!  And show me what you do.  :)



Some of the Chipboard I've used in this project- 

Lace doily - Doilies- set of napkins  Clock 02 - 02 Park Avenue clock



 3771_wm.png   3765_wm.png

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz